Sunday, February 17, 2008

Ideas For Final Project

For my final project, I would really like to do a hand drawn animation- I'm uninventive I know, but I think I'd have the most fun with it that way. I'm gonna do all the drawing in photoshop and skip out on the glorious scanning that went on for the metamorphosis project. Because lord knows I can't get enough of that! :D


In terms of concept, I have a few ideas.


1)Lipsync-ing a song. Like a short music video. Cool camera angles and such, and cuts to other scenes that might be relavent to the song. Of course this would involve finding a short song... or drawing 3,000+ frames by hand. Yikes.


2)Short story. I like the animations that have a story better than the abstract ones. Even if they're only 30 seconds long. I thought I could go in two directions with this one. First, I could do a sort of action movie. I thought about having a character sneak into a building to retrieve some object, then on his way out being seen by guards who he/she then has to fight off to get out.

The second direction I could go in is humor. This might be the most fun and plausible idea (given time constraints). I have a few ideas floating around in my head for this... but they shall remain secret... as I am lazy and don't feel like listing them all. Mwahaha.


3)Martial arts fight scene. I've practiced martial arts for altogether about 4 years, and I already have an idea of the timing and rhythm that goes on in a sparring match from that. This would be really good practice for timing in animation.



For this project, I am thinking of using this dog/wolf/coyote/whatever character that I always draw. I did a little animation test with him. He should look like he's saying 'WHAT??'


....Since blogger doesn't want to upload videos atm, I'll post it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acUaBROkqC0

He's on my deviant art page too: http://wakosaki.deviantart.com/ which I just created a few weeks ago, although I don't have anything that's that good there yet.

On a somewhat non-related note, I added sounds to my global warming pixellation animation, but I'm not sure if I like all the sounds... or even the music. It's uploaded to the server on campus. Feel free to comment or critique any of my stuff- even you think it sucks. I'm a big girl, I can handle it.


Well, I guess that's it. Latah.

No comments: